Worked with John Burnet & Son. Studied at the Glasgow School of Art; obtained a Gold Medal and travelling scholarship which enabled him to spend approximately a year in Italy. Went to New York to work as a designer in the office of Warren & Wetmore, where he was responsible for the detailing of Grand Central Station and was supervising architect for the Baltimore Hotel. He returned to Britain in 1913 to take up a position as chief draughtsman to Leonard Martin in London. He served in the armed forces during the First World War, at the end of which, in 1919, he was appointed Assistant Architect to the Imperial War Graves Commission and in 1920 Deputy Director, supervising the erection of war cemeteries and memorials in France, Belgium and Germany. In that capacity he designed the Memorial to the Ministry at Nieuport, Belgium with three lions by the sculptor C S Jagger. He had returned to London by 1927 when he formed an 'association' with the London architect Claude Waterlow Ferrier. He continued the practice after Ferrier's death.
Hotel Phoenicia, Malta
Arsenal Stadium West and East Stands
81 New Bond Street
West Hill Court