Originally trained to be a doctor, started own architectural practice in 1884, having spent some time in the Rockies in the US. Architect to the Westminster Electric Supply Corporation and numerous other electricity companies. Architect also to Church of England Waifs and Strays Society. On Works Committee of St Paul’s Cathedral. Collaborated latterly with E Stanley Hall.
All-England Lawn Tennis Club, Wimbledon